Answer:- Each custom object can have up to two master-detail relationships and up to 25 total relationships
Answer:- Up to 50 criteria based sharing rules are allowed for an object
Answer:- Deleted date will be stored in recycle bin for 15 days after 15 days the data will be hard deleted
Answer:- The key difference between workflows and approval process are as below
Answer:- Daily email alert for approval process and workflow are 1000 per standard salesforce license. Overall daily organization limit for workflow and approval process email alert is 2000000 (2 million)
Answer:- A field can be made mandatory in 4 ways.
Answer:- Difference between 15 digit ID and 18 digit ID is,
Answer:- Below is the list of licenses available in salesforce
Full access to salesforce CRM and AppExchange
Answer:- Translation workbench is a salesforce feature for implementing the language in multiple languages. i.e. not just the data but also all your configurations and customizations that you do as part of the implementation.
Answer:- Workbench is a powerful, web-based suite of tools designed for administrators and developers to interact with salesforce.com organizations via the force.com APIs. Workbench includes robust support for the Force.com Partner,Bulk,Rest,Streaming,Metadata,and Apex APIs that allows users to describe,query,manipulate,and migrate both data and metadata in Salesforce.com organizations directly in their web browser with a simple and intuitive user interface
Answer:- Data Loader is a client application,used for bulk import or export of data. Data Loader can be used in 2 ways.
Answer:- We can insert up to 5 million records using Data Loader
Answer:-Data Loader supports all objects including custom objects
The background software is typically updated thrice a year,Spring,Winter and Summer. Software updates are parent to the user base and only require a small maintenance window over the weekend.
Answer:-Yes, there are a number of different programming solutions available depending on the type of development required. There is the FORCE.COM development environment and typically Apex and Java languages that can be used.
Answer:-Yes, there are a number of standard off the shelf tools that allow emails and contact information to be synchronized with data in Salesforce.com
Answer:-It is relatively easy to configure the look and feel, add new fields, load up your company logo and change page layouts. You should always have a CRM strategy before you start and consider the impact of change on your data. If you have any concerns, our team of experts will happily help you!
Answer:- All customers receive the default minimum storage amount of 1GB of data and 1GB of files. Group Edition has 1GB of data and 1GB of file storage shared by all users. Professional and
Enterprise Editions provide 20MB of data and 600MB of file storage per user. Unlimited Edition provides 120MB of data and 600MB of file storage per us
Dashboard can’t be created using Tabular reports. (If we specify row limit, we can create dashboards using tabular reports also)
An event is a calendar event scheduled for a specific day and time.
Examples of events are:
A task is an activity not scheduled for an exact day and time. You can specify a due date for a task or there may not be a particular time or date that the tasks or activities need to be completed by.
Examples of tasks are:
A person account is an individual consumer with whom you do business, such as a financial services client, an online shopper, or a vacation traveller. Person accounts are applicable to organizations that operate on a business-to-consumer model as opposed to a business-to-business model.
System fields are read-only fields found on most objects. These fields are automatically updated during API operations Examples are, Id,IsDeleted,CreatedById ,CreatedDate ,LastModifiedById ,LastModifiedDate and SystemModstamp
Answer:- A minipage layout contains a subset of the items in an existing page layout. Minipage layouts inherit record type and profile associations, related lists,fields,and field access settings from their associated page layout
Answer:- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Customer Experience Management (CEM) are about ensuring that your customers receive the best possible service from your organization. It is the drawing together of all the resources within your business to work for your customer to maximize your value to your their business.
Answer:- No! You can start using Salesforce.com through any web browser; however some extended functionality requires you to use Microsoft Internet Explorer because features such as mail merging from Salesforce.com to create a Word document require the installation of a smallActiveX plugin.
Answer:- Salesforce.com incorporates an extensive help and 'how do I do that system that is fully searchable. If you can't find answer there why not ask one of our experts?
Answer:- Salesforce.com comes with a number of tools for integrating it with applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook. There is also a large pool of custom written paid for Apps and Plugins available at the 'Salesforce AppExchange. Further to this some versions of Salesforce,com provide access to the Salesforce.com API and if you have access to the skills of a Developer he will be able to learn to write code that might for example get Salesforce.com functioning with an existing Microsoft SQL Database.
Answer:- A Lead is not yet a customer but any person or organization or company they may be interested in your company purchasing your product or using your services,you can import lead information into Salesforce by manually entering or importing from outside
Answer:- A contact is any point of contact individual or influential directly associated with the account and possibly one or more opportunities. Information gathered about contact including name, phone number, address, position, and company and email information.
Answer:- Lead can be converted in salesforce.com and the converted information is mapped to the
appropriate business objects – Account, Contact or Opportunity
Answer:- Web to Lead is an online form to capture lead information and this will be published on your website.
Answer:- Auto response rules are rules configured to send an email/response to the users/group. This determines which Email Template to send to cases generated via Web-to-Case
Answer:- Case is a logged issue or problem or Detail description of the problems, questions and feedback gathered from your customers.
Cases can be created by
Answer:- Case queue is a virtual storage bin that can be used to group cases based on criteria such as skill requirements, product categories, customer types, or service levels.
Answer:- Case Assignment rules determines how Cases are automatically routed to User or Queue Contains Rule Entries, pre-defined business rules that determine Case routing
Answer:- Web to Case is a method of capturing a problem/query from the customers. A web form that is published to a web site and Customers use to submit inquiries online
Answer:- Email to Case is a process of automatically creating a case when an email is sent to one of your company’s email addresses.
Answer:- Escalation rules are rules, automatically escalates an unresolved Case within a certain period of time (age over) Based on pre-defined business criteria.
Business hours are organization’s hours of operation
Answer:- – An answer to a common question or problem
– Enables Customer Support users get up to speed quickly
– Enables Support teams to answer questions quickly and consistently
– Customers search for and browse published Solutions to self-assist
– Content-Rich Solutions are an enhancement to the Solution Object which allows solution writers to integrate rich text and images into their solutions to completely solve a problem
– What is a Category?
– Mechanism to organize Solutions
– Solutions may be associated to one or more Categories
– Categories make up a Solution Category tree structure
– The suggested solutions feature displays up to ten relevant solutions that may help users and customers solve a particular case from the case detail page and the Self-Service portal.
• Suggested Solutions can be enabled for the following: Cases tab
1. Self Service Portal
2. Case auto-response rules and emails
Answer:- Self-service portals an authenticated portal which provides 24/7 online support and contains Public Knowledge Base, Suggested Solutions and Web-to-Case functionality
Answer:- AppExchange is a Website Owned and Operated by salesforce.com which enables Partners and Customers to Download & Install Custom Apps and Components as per the need.
The Jump Start wizard creates a one-step approval process for you in just a few minutes The Standard Wizard is useful for complex approval processes.Jump Start Wizard • The jump start wizard is useful for simple approval processes with a single step.
ParallelApprovalRouting is sending approval requests to multiple approvers in a single step Wait for approval from all the approvers or wait for approval from any one
Configure an approval step to request approval from any combination of multiple users and related users
Configure 25 parallel approvers at each step
• Import Wizard is an easy-to-use multi-step wizard for importing new Accounts,Contacts,Leads,
Custom Objects or Solutions. This is available only for System Administrators.
Import Wizard can be used or Account,Contact,Lead,Custom Objects or Solutions updates based on matching ID
• Contact and Leads may be updated based on matching email address
• Custom Objects or Solutions may be updated based on Custom Object names, Solutions titles, Salesforce ID or external ID
Answer:- We need to provide CSV file as a input to Import Wizard.
• Force.com Data Loader is an application for the bulk import or export of data.
• Data Loader is an easy-to-use wizard interface supports large files with up to millions of rows Data Loader support for allobjects,including custom objects
• Use it to insert,update,delete,or extract,or upsert Salesforce records.
• Force.com Data Loader can move data into or out of any salesforce.com object.
• You need to load 50,000 or more records.
• You need to load into an object that is not yet supported by web-based importing.
• You want to schedule regular data loads,such as nightly imports.
• You want to be able to save multiple mapping files for later use.
• You want to export your data for backup purposes.
• You are loading fewer than 50,000 records.
• The object you need to import is supported by the web-based import wizards.
• You want to prevent duplicates by uploading records according to account name and site,contact emailaddress,or lead email address.
• Recycle bin is a special folder provided by Salesforce,com, houses deleted data for approximately 30 days
• Data can be recovered during this time period. Data stored in recycle bin is not counted against storage limit.
• If your organization reaches its Recycle Bin limit, Salesforce automatically removes the oldest records if
• they have been in the Recycle Bin for at least two hours.
Trend reports are reports built on the data specified over a period.
• Charts are graphical representation of data of a single Summary or Matrix Report Charts Types:HorizontalBar,VerticalBar,Line and Pie
Answer:- Custom report types allow you to build a framework in the report wizard from which users can create and customize reports.
You build custom report types off of the relationships (master-detail and lookup) between objects so that you can:
• Choose which standard and custom objects to display to users creating and customizing reports
• Define the relationships between objects displayed to users creating and customizing reports
• Select which objects ‘fields can be used as columns in reports
Define custom report types to display results from an object with or without its related objects
• See which cases were closed with solutions, and which were not.
Conditional highlighting is used to highlight the summary and matrix reports summary rows We can use up to 3 conditions maximum per report to highlight.
• Dashboards are Visual representations of key business information and show information from multiple reports.
• Dashboard can have up to 20 components
• Matrix and Summary reports can be used as source reports for dashboards Running User determines the level of access to the Dashboard Data Dashboard refresh can be Scheduled
• We can email Dashboard
• Chart: Graphical representation of report results
• Table: A listing of the top or bottom records from a report
• Metric: A single data value – drawn from the Grand Total of a report
• Gauge: A single data value – displayed as a point on a defined spectrum – drawn from the Grand Total of a report
Campaign is Specific marketing program or marketing tactic, Builds awareness and generates leads
Campaign members are Lead or contact, who is associated to the Campaign Also, Individual who has responded to Campaign
• Any user in your organization can view campaigns, view the advanced campaign setup, or run campaign reports.
• However, only designated Marketing Users with the appropriate user permissions can create, edit, and delete campaigns and configure advanced campaign setup.
• An administrator must select the Marketing User checkbox on a user’s personal information to designate that user as a Marketing User.
• In addition, Marketing Users can import leads and use the campaign import wizards if they also have the Marketing User profile (or the “Import Leads” permission and “Edit” on campaigns).
• Campaigns are included with Enterprise, Unlimited, and Developer Editions, and available for an additional cost with Professional Edition.
Workflow is a Force.com business logic engine that allows us to automatically send emails, update fields and assign tasks based on the rule that we define
Salesforce Workflow gives you the ability to automatically:
• Create and send email alerts
• Create and assign tasks
• Update field values to either specific values, or based on formulas
• Create and send outbound API messages
• Create and execute time-dependent actions
Workflow rules are set of instructions specify the criteria for when the workflow should be activated
Below are the workflow evaluation criteria’s
• When the record is created
• When the record is created and every time it’s edited
• When the record is created and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet the criteria
Workflow Tasks assign a task to a User (Only Users) according to a particular template
Workflow Email Alerts are actions that send an Email according to a specified Email template. Workflow alerts can be sent to any User or Contact, as long as they have valid Email Address.
Workflow field updates are actions that update a particular field on the record that initially triggered the workflow rule
Workflow actions are actions performed when a workflow rule is triggered. For example, Field updates, Alerts,Tasks and Outbound Messages.
multiple objects? No, Every workflow must
be based on a single Object
Time dependent workflow actions are actions that occur before or after a certain amount of Elapsed. Time dependent workflow actions can be used to fire tasks, field updates and Email alerts. We must specify time trigger for Time dependent workflows, this trigger define when Time dependent workflow should fire.
Below are the workflow evaluation criteria’s
• When the record is created
• When the record is created and every time it’s edited
• When the record is created and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet the criteria
What are workflow outbound messages?
Workflow Outbound Messages is an action that sends data to an external web service
Queues are collection of records that don’t have an Owner.
Queues can be created by going to Queues in Manage Users, Enter Queue Email and by selecting Send Email to Members and select an Object under Supported Object section
• Maximum of 10 time triggers per rule
• Maximum of 40 actions (10 x 4 types) per time trigger, and 80 actions per workflow rule
• Workflow default user must be set up before creating time-based rules
• Precision limited to hours or days
• Cannot convert leads with time-dependent actions in the Workflow Queue Time triggers cannot be added to or removed from activated workflow rules
• Not possible to create a time-dependent action associated to a rule with a trigger type of Every time the record is created or updated
• The evaluation criteria are set to Evaluate the rule when a record is:created,and every time it’s edited.
• The rule is activated.
• The rule is deactivated but has pending actions in the workflow queue.
Time triggers don’t support minutes or seconds.
Time triggers can’t reference the following:
• DATE or DATETIME fields containing automatically derived functions,such as TODAY or NOW.
• Formula fields that include related-object merge fields.
You can’t add or remove time triggers if:
• The workflow rule is active.
• The workflow rule is deactivated but has pending actions in the queue.
• The workflow rule evaluation criteria are set to Evaluate the rule when a record is:created,and every time it’s edited.
• The workflow rule is included in a package
Approval process is a force.com business logic engine that allows you to specify a sequence of steps that are required to approve a new record. Each step allows one or more designated approvers to accept or reject the record.
• Approval Request: An approval request is an email notifying the recipient that a record was submitted for approvaland his or her approvalis requested.
• ApprovalSteps: Approvalsteps assign approval requests to various users and define the chain of approvalfor a particular approvalprocess.
– Each approvalstep specifies the attributes a record must have to advance to that approval step, the user who can approve requests for those records, and whether to allow the delegate of the approver to approve the requests.
– The first approval step in a process also specifies the action to take if a record does not advance to that step.
– Subsequent steps in the process also allow you to specify what happens if an approver rejects the request.
• Assigned Approver: The assigned approver is the user responsible for approving an approval request.
• Initial Submission Actions: are the actions that occur when a user first submits a record for approval.
– For example, an initial submission action can lock the record so that no users can edit it during the approvalprocess.
– Initial submission actions can also include any approval actions such as assigning a task, sending an email, or updating a field.
• FinalApprovalActions: are the actions that occur when allapprovalrequests for a record are approved.
– Finalapprovalactions can include any approval actions such as emailalerts,field updates, tasks, or outbound messages.
– For example, a final approval action can change the status to “Approved” and send a notification email.
• Final Rejection Actions: are the actions that occur when allapprovalrequests for a record are rejected.
– Final rejection actions can include any approval actions such as emailalerts,field updates,tasks, or outbound messages.
– For example,a final rejection action can change the status to “Rejected”, send a notification email,and unlock the record so that users can edit it before resubmitting.
• Record Locking: is the process of preventing users from editing a record regardless of field-level security or sharing settings.
– Records that are pending approvalare automatically locked by Salesforce.
– Users must have the “Modify AllData” permission to edit locked records.
– The Initial Submission Actions,FinalApprovalActions,and Final Rejection Actions related lists contain a record lock action that you can edit if necessary
• Outbound Messages:send the information you specify to an endpoint you designate.
– You can set up workflow rules and approvalprocesses to send outbound messages to an endpoint as a means of getting information to an externalservice.
Use the following checklist to plan your approvalprocess:
– Prepare an ApprovalRequest Email
– Determine the ApprovalRequest Sender
– Determine the Assigned Approver
– Determine the Delegated Approver
– Decide if your approvalprocess needs a filter
– Decide initialsubmission actions
– Decide if users can approve requests from a wireless device
– Determine if users can edit records that are awaiting approval
– Decide if records should be auto-approved or rejected
– Determine how many levels your process has
– Determine the actions when an approvalrequest is approved or rejected.
Standard Fields are pre-defined in Salesforce and you cannot delete standard fields but you can remove non-required standard fields from a page layout
Standard Field customizations include the ability to change standard field labels and tabs
• You can change the display labels of standard tabs,objects,fields,and other related user interface labels so they better reflect your organization’s business requirements.
• Renamed labels – for example,“Accounts” changed to “Companies” – display on alluser pages,in Outlook Edition,and in Offline Edition.
• It’s important to note that allpages in the Setup area use the default,originallabels.
• Reports and views are not renamed based on the new labelvalue
Capture information unique to your business process by creating custom fields with custom field help for each of the tabs that your organization uses Recycle Bin for Deleted Custom Fields
Custom fields are deleted permanently after 45 days
Yes. It’s possible but changing the data type of an existing custom field can cause data loss in the following situations:
• Changing to or from type Date or Date/Time
• Changing to Number from any other type
• Changing to Percent from any other type
• Changing to Currency from any other type
• Changing from Checkbox to any other type
• Changing from Picklist (Multi-Select) to any other type
• Changing to Picklist (Multi-Select) from any type except Picklist
• Changing from Auto Number to any other type
• Changing to Auto Number from any type except Text
• Changing from Text Area (Long) to any type except Email,Phone,Text,Text Area,or URL
Dependent fields can help make your data more accurate and consistent by applying filters.
A dependent field works in conjunction with a controlling field to filter its values. The value chosen in the controlling field affects the values available in the dependent field.
300 is the maximum number of values allowed in a controlling picklist
A custom multi-select picklist cannot be the controlling field for a dependent field
|Field Type||Controlling Field||Dependent Field|
Business process allows you to track separate sales,support,and lead lifecycles across different divisions,groups,or markets.
Available Business Processes:
Sales Processes – Create different sales processes that include some or all of the pick list values available for the Opportunity Stage field
Support Processes – Create different support processes that include some or all of the pick list values available for the Case Status field
Lead Processes – Create different lead processes that include some or all of the pick list values available for the Lead Status field
Solution Processes – Create different solution processes that include some or all of the pick list values available for the Solution Status field
A lead or case record created through Web-to-Lead or Web-to-Case will set the record type to that of the default lead owner or automated case user (optional)
Multiple record types may be created for every tab, with the exception of the Home, Forecasts, Documents, and Reports tabs.
Use Field-LevelSecurity (rather than creating multiple page layouts) to enforce data security Users view data relevant to their job function Troubleshooting Tools Field accessibility views Setup |Administration Setup |Security Controls |Field Accessibility
• Field LevelSecurity is not available in PE
• Field-levelsecurity cannot be used to make a field required. This is done from the Page Layout
• Field access settings can be defined using both field-levelsecurity and page layouts. However,the most restrictive field access setting of the two willalways apply.
For example,if a field is required on the page layout,but read-only in the field-levelsecurity settings, the field willbe read-only.
• Hiding a field from a user using FLS also hides that field from list views,search results,and reports.
Login hour sets the hours when users with a particular profile can use the system
Login IP Ranges sets the IP addresses from which users with a particular profile can log in
• You can customize profiles to restrict users’ability to log in to Salesforce.
• You can set the hours when users can log in and the IP addresses from which they can log in. If a user logs in before the restricted hours,the system willend the user’s session when the restricted hours begin.
Two Options for Restricting Access via IP Ranges Option 1:Add Trusted IP Ranges for your entire org Option 2:Add Trusted IP Ranges on a Profile by Profile basis
User record possesses key information about a user and each has its own unique username. Other properties of User records are below
• User logs in with username and password
• Users can be active or inactive;an active user uses a license
• Users are associated with a Profile
• Users are usually associated with a Role
Record owner is he user (or queue for Cases and Leads) who controls or has rights to that particular data record.
An Owner has the following specialprivileges with the below assumptions:
• View and edit capabilities
• Transfer capability – change ownership
• Deletion capabilities
Object permissions enabled
The Account Owner,Opportunity Owners and Case Owners may or may not be the same user.
OWD Defines the baseline levelof access to data records for allusers in the Organization (not
including records owned by the user or inherited via role hierarchy) Used to restrict access to data
Access levels to
Public Read Only
Controls the levelof visibility that users have to an organization’s data An user may be associated to one role
Controls data visibility
Controls record rollup – forecasting and reporting
Users inherit the specialprivileges of data owned by or shared with users below them in the hierarchy
Not necessarily the company’s organization chart
• If using Customizable Forecasting,there is a separate forecast role hierarchy.
• EE can create Account,Contact,Opportunity and Case Sharing Rules. PE can ONLY create Account and Contact Sharing Rules.
• Assuming no sharing rules have been created,users in the same role cannot access one another’s records.
Example:Org Wide Default settings for opportunities are private. Creating a role and adding two users to that role does not allow those users access to one another’s opportunities.
• “Grant Access Using Hierarchies” allows you to disable the default sharing access granted by your role and territory hierarchies. This option can be changed for custom objects that do not have their organization-wide default sharing setting set to Controlled by Parent.
Access is defined when creating a role
Levelof access to Opportunities associated to Accounts owned by the role
Levelof access to Contacts associated to Accounts owned by the Role
Levelof access to Cases associated to Accounts owned by the role
Levelof access options depend on OWD
• You can create up to 500 roles for your organization
• Every user must be assigned to a role,or their data willnot display in opportunity reports,forecast roll-ups,and other displays based on roles
• Allusers that require visibility to the entire organization should belong to the highest levelin the hierarchy
• It is not necessary to create individualroles for each title at your company,rather you want to define a hierarchy of roles to controlaccess of information entered by users in lower levelroles
• When you change a user’s role,any relevant sharing rules are evaluated to add or remove access as necessary
Sharing rules are automated rules that grant access to groups of users These are exceptions to Organization Wide Defaults Irrelevant for Public Read/Write organizations Levels of Access that can be granted are
• Read Only
• Sharing rules should be used when a user or group of users needs access to records not granted them by either the role hierarchy setup or the organization wide default settings.
• Sharing rules open up access whereas organization wide defaults restrict access.
• You can use sharing rules to grant wider access to data. You cannot restrict access below your organization-wide default levels.
• Sharing rules apply to allnew and existing records owned by the specified role or group members.
• Sharing rules apply to both active and inactive users.
• When you change the access levels for a sharing rule,allexisting records are automatically updated to reflect the new access levels.
• When you delete a sharing rule,the sharing access created by that rule is automatically removed.
• When you transfer records from one user to another,the sharing rules are reevaluated to add or remove access to the transferred records as necessary.
• When you modify which users are in a group or role,the sharing rules are reevaluated to add or remove access as necessary.
• For contact,opportunity and case sharing rules,if the role or group members do not have access to the account associated with the shared contact,opportunity or case the rule automatically gives them access to view the account as well.
• Managers in the role hierarchy are automatically granted the same access that users below them in the hierarchy have from a sharing rule.
• You can edit the access levels for any sharing rule. You cannot change the specified groups or roles for the rule.
Sharing rules present in salesforce are as below.
Account Sharing Rules:
• Based on who owns the account
• Set default sharing access for accounts and their associated cases,contacts,contracts,and opportunities
Contact Sharing Rules:
• Based on who owns the contact (must be associated with an account)
• Set default sharing access for individualcontacts and their associated accounts
• Cannot use with:Territory Management and B2I (Person Account) enabled orgs Opportunity Sharing Rules (EE/UE):
• Based on who owns the opportunity
• Set default sharing access for individualopportunities and their associated accounts
Case Sharing Rules (EE/UE):
• Based on who owns the case
• Set default sharing access for individualcases and associated accounts
Lead Sharing Rules (EE/UE):
• Based on who owns the lead
• Set default sharing access for individualleads
Custom Object Sharing Rules (EE/UE):
• Based on who owns the custom object
• Set default sharing access for individualcustom object records
• Account Org-Wide Default must be set to at least “Public Read Only” in order to set the Contact Org-Wide Default to “Public Read/Write”.
• To share ALL contacts in the system with a group of users or a specific role, create a sharing rule that uses the “AllInternalUsers” (or “Entire Organization”) public group as the owned by option.
• Use “Roles and Subordinates” over “Roles” where possible to minimize the number of sharing rules.
Public group is a grouping of:
• Public Groups (nesting)
• Roles and Subordinates
• Mixture of any of these elements
Used in Sharing Rules – for simplification (when more than a few roles need to be shared to) Also used when defining access to Folders and List Views
For example, if a new user is assigned a role that belongs to an existing public group, that user will be
automatically added to the public group
Manual sharing is granting record access, one-off basis
Owner,anyone above owner in role hierarchy and administrator can manually share records Available on Contacts,Leads,Cases,Accounts and Opportunity records and Custom Objects Like sharing rules, irrelevant for Public Read/Write organizations
Folders are used for organizing emailtemplates,documents,reports and dashboards Access is defined – Read or Read/Write
Access is explicit – does NOT rollup through role hierarchy
• You can modify the contents of a folder if the folder access levelis set to Read/Write.
• Only users with the “Manage Public Documents” or “Manage Public Templates” can delete or change a Read Only folder.
• The Documents tab does NOT contain version control capabilities
• To search documents, users must use Documents search. The sidebar search does NOT search Documents,Solutions,Products,and Reports but does search Assets and Custom Objects The Create New Folder link will only be visible to users with the “Manage Public Documents” permission
• The size limit for documents uploaded is 5MB. The size limit for document filenames is 255 characters including the file extension
Sandbox Developer Edition
• The salesforce.com Sandbox environment is an exact copy of your salesforce.com instance. Developer Edition was an edition created for development of integrations and apps,specifically for the AppExchange.
• You can copy your live instance to a sandbox environment. You have to perform manually from sandbox to developer edition.
• You can either copy your configuration and data into a sandbox environment or just the configuration. You cannot copy your configuration or data onto the Developer Edition, but you can customize it to match your instance’s look and feel.
Set up cases sharing to be private. If both users are admins or have view all records on cases, then that overrides private sharing.
External ID is a field or flag on any custom field of type Text, Number or Email
External ID is Case INSENSITIVE
External ID are restricted to Three ID fields per object
External ID can be Custom fields only.
Related dates are dates used in Views and Reports for filtering. These are dynamic date range, based on current date Examples: This Week, Next Month, Last 90 Days Available Relative Date Filters (not case sensitive)
• This Week
• Last Week
• Next Week
• This Month
• Last Month
• Next Month
• Last x Days
• Next x Days
• Fiscal Quarter
• Fiscal Year
Roles and Profiles are two different concepts in Salesforce.com,Some of the basic differences are:
• Profile helps to put restrictions on the Object where as the Role helps in opening the records to the users above the Role hierarchy
• Profile manages the Salesforce.com License, Tabs Settings, Record types, Page layouts, GeneralSettings,Administrator Settings etc;Role hierarchy does not do any of these things
• Profile is Mandatory, Role is not
In salesforce we can make fields mandatory by 3 ways
1. Page Layout: - Field can be made mandatory from the page layout when it needs to be made mandatory for a set of users
2. Field LevelSecurity: - Field can be made mandatory from the FLS when it needs to be made mandatory for all the users in the Organization and even from the API’s
3. Validation Rule: - Field can be made mandatory from the Validation Rule when it needs to be made mandatory for user who is using the same Page layout used by other users Salesforce.com recommends using the Page Layout option for making the field mandatory.
Some of the ways in which leads can be generated and created in salesforce.com are
• Walk In to a company:User comes to the company office and then Salesforce.com rep manually creates the Lead
• Data Base bought by the company and then leads loaded via Data Loader/Import Wizard in salesforce.com
• Leads created because of the Campaigns,Seminars,and Tradeshows
• Web to Lead:Users registering on the website of the company.
• Emailto Lead & SMS to Lead can be custom build for the Organization
Yes,a contact can be part of a Partner Portalas wellas Customer portalin salesforce.com. Customer Portaland Partner portaldepend on the user object and are not related to the contact object. So to enable both portals for a Contact we need to create two users which willutilize two different salesforce.com licenses,one license for Customer portaland other for Partner portal. Both users created for a same contact willhave two different profiles,One for Customer portaland other for Partner Portal.
Record Types are used in the following two cases
• To assign the different Page layouts to different users based on their profiles
• To enable different sets of Standard/Custom Picklist values for two different users using the same page layout
• Which standard and custom apps users can view
• Which tabs users can view
• Which record types are available to users
• Which page layouts users see
• Object permissions that allow users to create,read,edit,and delete records
• Which fields within objects users can view and edit
• Permissions that allow users to manage the system and apps within it
• Which Apex classes and Visualforce pages users can access
• Which desktop clients users can access
• The hours during which and IP addresses from which users can log in
• Which service providers users can access (if Salesforce is enabled as an identity provider)
The following table shows the types of permissions and access settings that are specified in profiles and permission sets. Some profile settings aren’t included in permission sets.
|Permission or Setting Type||In Profiles?||In Permission Sets?|
|Record type assignments||TRUE||-|
|Page layout assignments||TRUE||-|
|User permissions (app and system)||TRUE||TRUE|
|Apex class access||TRUE||TRUE|
|Visualforce page access||TRUE||TRUE|
|Service provider access (if Salesforce is enabled as an identity provider)||TRUE||TRUE|
|Desktop client access||TRUE||-|
|Login IP ranges||TRUE||-|
There are Six (6) Standard Profiles available in salesforce (EE/UE and PE)
• Standard User – Can view,edit,and delete their own records
• Solution Manager – Standard User permissions + Can manage published solutions + Can manage categories
• Marketing User – Standard User permissions + Can import leads for the organization
• Contract Manager – Standard User permissions + Can edit,approve,activate,and delete contracts
• Read-Only – Can only view records
• System Administrator – “Super User,” can customize and administer the application
Standard Business objects are mentioned below.
Campaigns: A Campaign is any marketing project that you want to plan,manage,and track in Salesforce.
Leads: A Lead is any person, organization or company that may be interested in your products.
Sometimes Leads are referred to as Prospects or Suspects. Leads are not yet customers.
Accounts: An Account is an organization, individual or company involved with your business such
as customers, competitors and partners that you wish to track in Salesforce
Contacts A Contact is any individual or influencer associated with an account that you want to track in Salesforce
Opportunities: An Opportunity is any potential revenue-generating event (“sales deal” ) that you want to track in Salesforce
Cases: A case is a detailed description of a customer’s feedback,problem or question
Solutions. A solution is a detailed description of a customer issue and the resolution of that issue. The collection of your organization’s solutions is sometimes referred to as the solution knowledge base Forecasts A forecast is your best estimate of how much revenue you can generate in a quarter Documents
Reports: Reports are summaries and analyses of your data,which you can display or print
Dashboards: Dashboards give you a real-time snapshot of corporate metrics and key performance
Indicators. A dashboard is a group of different charts (or components) that graphically display your
custom report data Calendar and Task Activities are both tasks and scheduled calendar events. You can define and track activities for many different objects, including campaigns, accounts,contacts,and leads Products are the individual items that you sell on your opportunities. (Please note that Products are available in EE/UE and Developer and in PE for an additional fee.)
Company profile contains core information for your company.
Below are the key information includes in company profile
• Language, Locale and Time Zone
• Storage and Used Space
• Fiscal Year
• Primary Contact and Address information
• Manage Currencies
Financial year in salesforce is used for an organizations financial planning.
This is usually a year in length and impacts forecasts, quotas and reports
Salesforce allows two types:
• Standard Fiscal Years are periods that follow the Gregorian calendar, but can start on the first day of any month of the year. (A Gregorian Year is a calendar based on a 12 Month Structure and is used throughout much of the world.)
• Custom FiscalYears are for companies that break down their fiscalyears,quarters and weeks in to custom fiscalperiods based on their financialplanning requirements.
We can NOT use Custom financialyear in forecasting. But Customizable Forecasting must be enabled for use with Custom FiscalYears
There is an Email log that you could use. It’s available in the setup menu under Monitoring. It’s only for the past 30 days and you would have to manually check it. From the email log page:“Emaillogs describe all emails sent through salesforce.com and can be used to help identify the status of an email delivery. Email logs are CSV files that provide information such as the email address of each email sender and its recipient, the date and time each email was sent, and any error code associated with each email. Logs are only available for the past 30 days.”
The following fields are indexed by default:
• primary keys (ID, Name and Owner fields),
• foreign keys (lookup or master-detail relationship fields),
• audit dates (such as LastModifiedDate),
• Custom fields marked as External ID or Unique
When the field is used either in Apex class or trigger
When System admin logged in on the behalf of any other user,On upper right corner message is displayed that user is logged-in on behalf of some other user. In Visualforce page we can search for the element with class name present or not? If the element with that Class name exist means logged-in user is not an actual user.
When configuring Debug Logs,you cannot choose a Salesforce to Salesforce Connection User from the User Lookup,but there is a workaround to achieve this.
To begin capturing Debug Logs for a Connection User open the following URL in your browser:
Replace XXX with your salesforce instance,UserLookupInput_lkid is the ID of the Connection User and UserLookupInput is the User name. You can find the user ID of the connection user,by inspecting the Created by Id for a record created by this user. (eg. via eclipse or Force.com explorer)
Even after deactivation of workflow,its action will be active in queue.
If a workflow has any pending time dependent action, then we cannot delete the workflow.
Two ways to achieve this:
1. Make criteria false for all those records.
2. Navigate to “Set up | Monitoring | Time Based Workflow”, search for scheduled actions and remove from queue.
“Send Email” action is not available while creating workflow on task.
The reason for this is that fields such as Close Date are actually date/time fields. When a date is loaded without specifying the time, the time is defaulted to 00:00 – midnight. When another user is in a time zone which is behind the current user’s time zone, the date will show on the previous day. For example:
20 August 2008 00:00 in Paris is 19 August 2008 23:00 in London Similar issues can arise when daylight savings time begins or ends. Two simple solutions to this are:
1) Specify a time as wellas a date when loading dates using the Data Loader. Or
2) Switch your PC’s time zone to Hawaiian time before starting up the Data Loader.
Dashboard which is running under current logged in user permission is known as “dynamic Dashboard”. At the most 3 dynamic dashboards can be built. This is available in Unlimited, Enterprise and Developer edition. This type of dashboard cannot be scheduled for refresh. IT must be scheduled manually.
Analytic snapshot capture and store the data at pre decided intervals. It captures data from report and saves in custom object as per schedule. It only supports tabular and summary report as asource report. It does not support matrix report. The field type in target object must be same as source report object field.
Campaign members are created from lead,contact,or person account records. Salesforce provides a variety of ways in which you can manage your campaign members. You can add and update up to 50,000 campaign members at a time through lead,contact,and person account reports;you can search for and add or edit multiple leads and contacts from the Manage Members page;you can add an unlimited number of leads and contacts using a CSV import file;or you can add members to a campaign one at a time from contact or lead detailpages.
You cannot change it for Standard Objects However for Custom Objects it’s possible.
Yes, Master Fields are also available for “Criteria evaluation”.
No,Child record is controlled by the Parents setting.
In Profile,remove access “View Setup and Configuration”.
If the new user is not System administrator then copy from “Standard User” profile.
Users with permission “Run Report” and access to report folder can only run the report.
Formatting,grouping and subtotals are persisted.
Formatting,grouping and subtotals are lost.
If you have long tabular report,you can make the column header visible on each page as you scroll, by enabling floating report headers.
Go to “Setup |App Setup |Customize |Report and Dashboard |User Interface Settings“. Click on checkbox “Enable Floating Report Headers”.
“View AllData” in profile.
User with permission “manage dashboard”.
Summary and matrix report.
This is a field that usually references an ID from another (external) system. For instance, if the customer has an Oracle Financials system that they will be linking with salesforce.com, it may be easier for them to be able to refer to the Oracle ID of account records from within salesforce. So they would create an external ID in salesforce.com and they would load the Oracle ID into that field for each account. They can then refer to that ID field, rather than the salesforce.com id.
Additionally,if you have an external ID field, the field becomes searchable in the sidebar search. You also can use the upsert API call with the extenalID to refer to records.
You can have multiple records with the same external ID (though it is not recommended, as it will defeat the purpose of the externalid).
External ID available for Text, Number and Email field types External ID is used in upsert operations.
• If external id is absent or not matched then insert happens.
• If external id matched once then record willbe updated.
• If external id is matched multiple times then error occurs.
Unique ID field
This is a setting for the field that will prevent you from using the same value in multiple records for the unique field. So if I create a 5 character text field and make it unique, and I create a record with the value “12345″ it will not be able to create another record with that same value in the unique field. If I try to do so,I willget an error saying that the value is already in use.
Often,ExternalIds are set with the unique property so that the IDs willbe unique to each record.
Modify AllData:Create,edit,and delete allorganization data,regardless of sharing settings.
Modify All: Give Read,Add,Delete permission to selected Object,Create permission is not included in Modify All permission.
A permission set is a collection of settings and permissions that give users access to various tool
and functions. The settings and permissions in permission sets are also found in profiles, but permission sets extend users’functionalaccess without changing their profiles.
For example, to give users access to a custom object, create a permission set, enable the required
permissions for the object, and assign the permission set to the users. You never have to change
profiles, or create a profile for a single use case. While users can have only one profile, they can
have multiple permission sets.
Permission sets include settings for:
• Assigned apps
• Object settings,which include:
• Tab settings
• Object permissions
• Field permissions
• App permissions
• Apex class access
• Visualforce page access
• System permissions
• Service providers (only if you’ve enabled Salesforce as an identity provide
Master Detail relationship is the Parent child relationship. In which Master represents Parent and detail represents Child. If Parent is deleted then Child also gets deleted. Rollup summary fields can only be created on Master records which will calculate the SUM, COUNT, MIN, MAX of the Child records.
Look up relationship is something like “has-a” (Containership) relationship, where one record has reference to other records. When one record is deleted then there is no impact on other records.
We can convert the lookup relationship to master detail relationship if and only if all the existing record has valid lookup field.
As per now, salesforce does not allow deleting any user; however you can deactivate the user. 216. How to delete Users data from Salesforce? To delete the Users Data go to Setup | Administration Setup | Data Management | Mass Delete Record, from there select the objects like Account, Lead etc and in criteria select the users name and delete allrecords of that user related to particular object.
Set up opportunity sharing to be private. If both users are admins or have view all records on opportunity,then that overrides private sharing.
WhoID refers to people things. So that would be typically a Lead ID or a Contact ID
WhatID refers to object type things. That would typically be an Account ID or an Opportunity ID
If the parent object is the standard object provided by the salesforce like “Account”, “Contact” then the report willbe in there section with related custom object.
If both objects are the custom then the report willbe in “Other Reports” Sections.
Following are the conditions to get the report of related objects:
• On both the objects,Reports option must be enabled
• The relationship between both of them must be “Master – detailrelationship”.
We can provide the authentication on public sites using “Customer Portal”.
Dynamic Apex enables developers to create more flexible applications by providing them with the ability to “Access sObject and field describe information”, “Write Dynamic SOQL Queries”, “Write Dynamic SOSL Queries” and “Dynamic DML”.
You can add, edit, or delete Apex using the Salesforce.com user interface only in a Developer Edition organization, a Salesforce.com Enterprise Edition trial organization, or sandbox organization. In a Salesforce.com production organization, you can only make changes to Apex by using the Metadata API, deploy, call, the Force.com IDE, or theForce.com Migration Tool. The Force.com IDE and Force.com Migration Tool are free resources provided by salesforce.com to support its users and partners, but are not considered part of our Services for purposes of the salesforce.com Master Subscription Agreement.
You can’t add time-dependent actions to a rule if you choose Every time a record is created or edited.
Text – Allusers can create or change text email templates.
2) HTML with letterhead – Administrators and users with the “Edit HTML Templates” permission can create HTML email templates based on a letterhead.
3) Custom HTML – Administrators and users with the “Edit HTML Templates” permission can create custom HTML email templates without using a letterhead. You must either know HTML or obtain the HTML code to insert in your email template.
4) Visualforce – Administrators and developers can create templates using Visualforce. Visualforce email templates allow for advanced merging with a recipient’s data,where the content of a template can contain information from multiple records.
Rollup summary field in salesforce calculates the Count,Sum,Min or Max of particular field of `any child record.
• Can we create Rollup summary fields on child object of a Master-Detail relationship? No,Rollup summary fields can only be created on the master object of the Master-Detail relationship
• What willhappen if the Account is deleted? If the Account is deleted then,Contact,Opportunity willalso be deleted from Salesforce which are related to that Account.
• How many types of the relationship fields available in Salesforce? There are Four types of the Relationship fields available in Salesforce
1. Master Detail
2. Many to Many
4. Hierarchical(It is available only on User Object,we cannot create this relationship)
Governor limits are runtime limits enforced by the Apex runtime engine. Because Apex runs in a shared, multitenant environment, the Apex runtime engine strictly enforces a number of limits to ensure that code does not monopolize shared resources. Types of limits that Apex enforces are resources like memory, database resources, number of script statements to avoid infinite loops, and number of records being processed. If code exceeds a limit, the associated governor issues a runtime exception.
• The salesforce.com Sandbox environment is an exact copy of your salesforce.com instance. You can copy your live instance to a sandbox environment (but you have to perform manually from sandbox to developer edition) where you can test any changes, implementations, AppExchangeapps or updates. It can also be your hands-on training environment without risking your live data.
• You can either copy your configuration and data into a sandbox environment or just the configuration. It acts exactly like your live instance
• I know that this sounds wonderful land if you don’t have it,you are dying to know how to get it. The problem is the cost. If you are on Unlimited Edition,then cost is not a problem because it comes included. But for Enterprise,Professionalor Group Editions,you have to pay… and the price is hefty;anywhere between 25k-50k per year. For a lot of companies, that is more than they are paying for their live salesforce.com instance. So how do you test salesforce.com without Sandbox? It is always suggested to develop application in sandbox instance then go for LIVE.
• Developer Edition was an edition created for development of integrations and apps, specifically for the AppExchange. It is also a great toolfor testing/training in salesforce.com. What makes this a great tool is the fact that it is free. Anyone can get a Developer Edition of salesforce.com. It is a standard Enterprise Edition with very limited storage space. You cannot copy your configuration or data onto the Developer Edition, but you can customize it to match your instance’s look and feel. Once it is customized, you can use it for training, testing or anything else you want. It takes a little bit of work, but you can make it act and feel just like your live instance. The work is well worth it for the free price.
Step by Step Instruction:
• Click Setup >Data Management > Data Export > Schedule Export.
• Select the desired encoding for your export file. Leaving the default is fine.
• Check the Include in export checkbox if you want to include attachments in the export (optional)
• Leave the default Replace carriage returns with spaces if you want your export files to have spaces instead of carriage returns.
• Select Weekly as the frequency for the exports.
• Choose start and end dates. Set the end date to sometime in the distant future such as 20 years from the begin date.
• Set the time of day for your scheduled export. The export is put in a job queue and the exact time of the export willdepend on the amount of activity in the queue.
• You can select the types of data to include in your export. It is best to include alldata in your export file. This willmake sure allyour organizations data is exported. Click Save.
Points to Remember:
• Formula and roll-up summary fields are never included in exports.
• Articles are not included from exports.
• The export notification emailis sent to the emailaddress on file for the user who created the scheduled export. There is no way to indicate another emailaddress. If as an Administrator you want the emailto go to another person,have them grant you login access,login as them and schedule the data export. Important:
• Scheduled backup exports of your data are limited to weekly exports.
• You have 48 hours from the time you are notified the backup is available to download the backup file.
• The emailnotification for backups goes to the emailaddress in Salesforce of the person logged in who schedules the backup.
Governor limits do apply to allSalesforce instances (trial,developer,and production or sandbox environments). However code coverage and successfulexecution of test classes is only enforced when deploying to a production environment.
1. Tabular: Tabular reports are the simplest and fastest way to look at data. Similar to a spreadsheet, they consist simply of an ordered set of fields in columns, with each matching record listed in a row. Tabular reports are best for creating lists of records or a list with a single grand total. They can't be used to create groups of data or charts, and can't be used in dashboards unless rows are limited. Examples include contact mailing lists and activity reports.
2. Summary: Summary reports are similar to tabular reports, but also allow users to group rows of data, view subtotals, and create charts. They can be used as the source report for dashboard components. Use this type for a report to show subtotals based on the value of a particular field or when you want to create a hierarchicallist,such as all opportunities for your team,subtotaled by Stage and Owner. Summary reports with no groupings show as tabular reports on the report run page.
3. Matrix: Matrix reports are similar to summary reports but allow you to group and summarize data by both rows and columns. They can be used as the source report for dashboard components. Use this type for comparing related totals, especially if you have large amounts of data to summarize and you need to compare values in several different fields, or you want to look at data by date and by product,person,or geography. Matrix reports without at least one row and one column grouping show as summary reports on the report run page.
4. Joined: Joined reports let you create multiple report blocks that provide different views of your data. Each block acts like a “sub-report,” with its own fields, columns, sorting, and filtering. A joined report can even contain data from different report types.
1. Chart:Use a chart when you want to show data graphically.
2. Gauge:Use a gauge when you have a single value that you want to show within a range of custom values.
3. Metric:Use a metric when you have one key value to display.
• Enter metric labels directly on components by clicking the empty text field next to the grand total.
• Metric components placed directly above and below each other in a dashboard column are displayed together as a single component.
4. Table:Use a table to show a set of report data in column form.
5. Visualforce Page:Use a Visualforce page when you want to create a custom component or show information not available in another component type
6. Custom S-Control:Custom S-Controls can contain any type of content that you can display or run in a browser,for example,a Java applet,an ActiveX control,an Excelfile, or a custom HTML Web form\
The validation rules run at the data model level\,so they are not affected by the UI. Any record that is saved in Salesforce willrun through the validation rules.